The Optavia diet, which the company refers to as “fuelings,” focuses on pre-packaged items including soups, brownies, and shakes to promote rapid weight loss.
The “5&1” Optavia plan, which is the company’s most well-liked offering, calls for five meals a day of different fuels and one meal of lean protein and veggies.
There are various Optavia plans accessible:
- Five fuelings per day and one lean and green meal make up the optimal weight 5&1 diet.
- Four daily fuelings, two lean and green meals, and one nutritious snack make up the optimal weight 4&2&1.
- Optimal Health 3&3 consists of three Lean and Green meals and three Optimal Health Fuelings.
- Particular Medical Needs provide Optavia offers or options for seniors (65 years of age and older), nursing moms, teenage boys and girls, people with diabetes, and those with gout.
- Special dietary requirements are planned for vegans and people taking thyroid medication are available.
Therefore, you must choose the Best food scale for proper weight loss.
More About It
Throughout the programme, an Optavia coach is paired with each participant. Most trainers are previous Optavia clients who have had success with the programme, according to the Optavia website.
Optavia offers possibilities for healthcare professionals to become coaches, however, it’s crucial to remember that the majority of coaches are unable to provide impartial expert guidance.
You begin by adhering to an Optavia Optimal Weight plan until you attain your ideal weight after being matched with your coach.
Once you’ve reached your weight goal, you’ll switch to the Optavia Optimal Health plan and start other healthy behaviours to keep it there, like exercising, sleeping, and managing your behaviour.
What to Eat and What to Avoid?
Regarding what clients can consume during the first 30 days (not much) and the transition period for weight maintenance, the Optavia diet regimen is quite clear.
What you can and can’t consume when following the Optimal Weight diet is listed below.
The Food You Can Eat
Here comes the list of items which you must have:
- Optavia Fuels
- 5-7 ounces of extra- or lean protein per serving
- 3 portions of non-starchy vegetables
- Healthful fats up to two servings (depending on what proteins are chosen)
- three portions of their list of condiments, up to three
- 5 oz of almonds, popsicles, gum, or celery stalks is acceptable daily snacks that have been pre-approved on the list of permitted items.
What You Should Not Eat?
Here comes the list of items which you must avoid:
- Carbohydrate-rich vegetables include brussels, sprouts, edamame, peas, potatoes, and onions
- whole grains
There is a transition period after the first 30 days of the Optavia programme that enables people to begin reintroducing the foods on the “Can’t Eat” list, however, there are specified portions noted for every dish.
Comparing the Optavia to the Medifast diet, which lowered weight by 5%, the latter resulted in a 5.7% average body weight loss.
Short-term weight loss may be aided by very low-calorie diets, but long-term success rates are generally not very high.